The main result of DISI project is an effective impact in education methodologies for language L2 for foreign citizens, especially migrants and refugees.
- Comparison, exchange and knowledge of best practices realized in the partner countries on ICT supported methodologies for illiterate immigrants.
- Development of a methodological model and guidelines and evaluation of their effectiveness and usability by a consultation with the target group represented by teachers, trainers and researchers in all partner countries.
- Piloting of the methodological model and guidelines with the final end users (at least 250 immigrants with low or no education) in five countries (France, Germany, Portugal, Italy, UK).
- Starting from the case studies analysis and the piloting results, the project will develop a report on the positive impact the guidelines can have in fostering social integration of migrant people and in reducing the digital divide. This report will also highlight the critical points and the need of further development to be studied and analyzed in the future.
- Development of a MOOC (massive open on line course) for teachers, accessible via the main devices such as Web, mobile phones, smart TV, tablet, etc.; the aim of the course will be training the teachers and social operators about the use of ICT in language teaching to adult illiterate or low educated immigrants. The MOOC will be tested on at least 100 teachers in 5 countries (20 per country).
- Implementation of a project website where all project output will be available so as to promote and make possible the transferability of such methodology in different contexts.
- Writing of at least 3 scientific papers related to the topic of the project to be spread on the main scientific review (both paper and on line) on this topic.
The target groups will be: adult migrant and refugee learners with low or no education, researchers, adult teachers and trainers, local and national decision makers.